Duration: min. 12 weeks
WhatsApp is the world’s fastest growing communication company with over 1 billion active users globally. We help bring friends, families, communities, soccer groups, doctors, storm chasers, and million others closer. We are just getting started. We are looking for the best individuals to grow and support this incredible community of users. WhatsApp has been ranked as one of the Top 25 Most downloaded apps in over 100 countries on the App Store and has received over 1 Billion installs on Google Play. Our spacious office is located in the heart of downtown Mountain View.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you’ll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. Every engineer is literally sitting a few steps away from the founders. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
We are looking for software engineering interns to join the following teams: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Server, Web, and Internal Tools. This internship/co-op has a minimum twelve (12) week duration.
- Work on a very small team to create new, awesome features for millions of users
- Write efficient, maintainable code for mobile phones
- Own release and QA cycles of your code
- Pursuing BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Java, Objective-C, C#, or C/C++ programming and debugging skills
- Passionate about user experience
- Android, iOS, or Windows Phone development experience is strongly preferred, but not required
- Working experience with networking and messaging protocols is strongly preferred, but not required
More info HERE