Deadline: On going
The Program is an opportunity for very well qualified international baccalaureate and post-baccalaureate students to make research with mentors from the University in specific areas of applied and basic research projects.
Duration of the internship is between 3 and 6 months. Duration is depending on the research project.
Arrival date of the intern must be a min. of six weeks after date of submission.
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology is currently accepting applications for internship programs that are starting from Jan. 2020 onwards.
Interns will receive the following:
– Monthly allowance for living (1000 USD);
– Health insurance;
– Both ways airplane tickets to/from city of departure to Jeddah (KAUST);
– Visa issuance fees- valid passport is a must for the applicants;
– Shared residential apartment with private bath and bedroom;
– Cultural and social activities;
– Access to resources for community recreation.
– Internship duration should be between 3 months and 6 months;
– Please select a start date that is four to six weeks from your application;
– If a university mentor would like to invite you as an intern, you will be contacted for an interview;
– If would like a concrete start date, please write it in your application. Duration of your internship will approved in partnership with your university mentor;
– Visa processing time will be a determining factor in actual start date;
– All accepted interns will be informed by email.
Candidates should have:
– Valid passport;
– A cumulative grade point average (GPA) that exceeds 3.50 /4.00 (14/20: Equivalent to ECTS B) with some research projects requiring a 3.60 or higher;
– English language proficiency;
– CV and Personal Statement;
– Currently enrolled King Abdullah University of Science and Technology students, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology Alumni, students who obtained PhD or are in a process are not eligible;
– Recommendation of a faculty member in the field of study
– Completed a min. of their 3-rd year of baccalaureate studies OR completed their baccalaureate (Bachelor’s degree) OR be pursuing a post- baccalaureate (Master’s degree);
– Official university transcript(s) or a certified translation if the original transcript(s) is not in English.
More information is available HERE