Deadline: June 14 2016
The Entry-level Humanitarian Professional Programme (EHP) is a competitive point of entry into UNHCR for talented professionals and who have a passion for humanitarian work. This recruitment initiative is designed to identify highly qualified and motivated individuals with the right profiles willing to be deployed to field locations where they are needed most. As part of UNHCR’s global talent management strategy, which aims to achieve the organization’s current and future goals, the EHP focuses on attracting, selecting, developing and retaining new talent to grow and develop within the organization.
- Advanced university degree, at least a Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited institution.
- Two years of relevant work experience in the respective functional area.
- 45 years of age or younger by the closing date of applications.
- For language requirements, please remember English and French are the official languages of UN, however, since UN works in more than 100 countries at the same time, fluency in some other language is an advantage. (B2 certificate is required)
- Willingness to serve in conflict zones and field locations around the entire world.
The EHP programme offers a structured development programme in a highly collaborative environment, where participants can apply their experience and knowledge to UNHCR’s mandate. It enables participants to directly contribute to international action that protects people forced to flee their homes because of conflict and persecution.
From the start, participants work closely with experienced staff members and will be hands on with operational work. Assignments provide well-rounded experience in regional and country-specific issues. Those on the EHP programme can also access training courses focused on: UNHCR policies and operations, software applications, and written and oral communication. They can also take advantage of an extensive range of in-house training seminars to enhance their professional skills and support their career development.
The selection and appointment process:
- Screening/shortlisting based on profile requirements;
- Assessment tests (languages, technical, etc.);
- Inclusion in the EHP cohort;
- Final recommendation by field managers and the Division of Human Resources Management;
- Reference checks (academic and professional);
- Appointment to a specific position and location by the High Commissioner;
- Deployment to the field.
More info HERE
Currently open job positions
- EHP Associate Supply Officer
- EHP Associate Protection Officer
- EHP Associate Programme Officer
- EHP Associate Admin/Finance Officer
The recruitment and selection process normally takes between four to five months from the time of advertisement. Successful and recommended candidates are expected to start no later than two months after the offer letter has been sent.
Useful tips for your to pitch your application for UNHCR’S EHP are available HERE.