Deadline: September 29, 2019
Win cash prizes and certificates
The Qualification Round 2019 of the International Youth Math Challenge has opened for submissions. Use your math skills and your creativity to qualify for the global final round to win great prizes and certificates!
The IYMC is one of the biggest online math competition for students from all around the world. You can win awards and cash prizes worth over 700 USD, qualify for the final round, become an official IYMC ambassador in your country, or join an international network for outstanding students – take this unique opportunity and participate today.
– Students from all grades and all countries are invited to participate!
– To solve the problems you should be smart, open-minded, and creative.
– Depending on your age (over 18 years or under 18 years) you will have to solve more problems to qualify for the next round.
– You should have a working internet connection to submit your solution online.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Successful participants receive many certificates, cash prizes, and honors:
– All Participants: Official Participation Certificate
– All Finalists: Bronze Honour, Silver Honour or Gold Honour:
- Prize: 200 USD Cash Prize, Special 1. Prize Certificate
- Prize: 150 USD Cash Prize, Special 2. Prize Certificate
- Prize: 100 USD Cash Prize, Special 3. Prize Certificate
– Special Region Awards:
Best Participant from Europa
Best Participant from Greater Middle East
Best Participant from Africa
Best Participant from South Asia
Best Participant from (South)East Asia
Best Participant from America
The crucial role of teachers and schools for mathematical education is understood. Because of that, they award three school awards to honor the efforts of the teachers and the school:
– IYMC School Award for Most Participants: For the school with the most overall participants of the qualification round to honor the efforts of the teachers for encouraging students to participate in mathematical competitions.
– IYMC School Award for Most Finalists: For the school with the most students participating in the pre-final and final round
– IYMC School Award for Excellence: For the school with many outstanding students that have achieved high results throughout the overall competition to honor the quality education.
Besides that, the IYMC offers following benefits:
– Join a Global Network: A successful participation allows you to join the IYMC network: You will get the rare chance to connect and exchange with outstanding, similar-minded, and inspiring students worldwide.
– Become IYMC Ambassador: Winners, students, and teachers are encouraged to become official Ambassadors with the aim to inspire students and to encourage them to engage in math.
The IYMC 2019 takes place in three rounds:
Qualification Round: The qualification round consists of five math problems. In order to qualify for the pre-final round, you need to solve at least three (under 18) to four (over 18) of the problems correctly. You can submit your solutions online until 29. September 2019. All participants receive certificates.
Pre-Final Round: Successful participants can register for the pre-final round in October. You have one week to solve 10 problems of three types: 4x basic problems, 4x, advanced problems, 2x special-creativity problems.
Final Round: Successful finalists can participate in the final round: You will take an exam of 60 minutes supervised by a supervisor. The winners receive certificates and cash prizes worth over 700 USD.
More information HERE