Eligibility: young people who are nationals of a country which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia
Deadline: 2 March 2020
“DARMASISWA is a scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study art and culture and Bahasa.
This program is organized by the Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC) in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).”
Participants can choose one of selected universities located in different cities in Indonesia.
The DARMASISWA program was started in 1974 as part of ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations) initiative, admitting only students from ASEAN.
However, in 1976 this program was extended to include students from other countries such as Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hungary, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Sweden, and USA.
In early 90’s, this program was extended further to include all countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia.
Until to date, the number of countries participating in this program is more than 135 countries.
The main purpose of the DARMASISWA program is to increase and promote the interest in the culture and language of Indonesia among the youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
- Online registration – 2 January 2020 until 2 March 2020
- Interview at related KBRI/KJRI – 4 March 2020 until 13 March 2020
- Selection by the University (online) – 15 March 2020 until 3 April 2020
- Announcement – 20 April 2020
- Attendance confirmation – 21 April 2020 until 30 April 2020
- Final Announcement – 6 May 2020
- Flight itinerary confirmation – 7 May 2020 until 1 August 2020
- Arrival at Jakarta, Indonesia – 29 August 2020
- Orientation program at Jakarta, Indonesia – 29 until 30 August 2020
This schedule may change any time
QUALIFICATIONS OF STUDENTS
Each student has to fulfill these requirements as the follows:
- Foreign nationals
- Completed secondary education or its equivalent
- Minimum age 18 years and Not older than 27 years of age
- Able to communicate in English (Proven by English Language Proficiency Certificate : TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS or OTHER CERTIFICATE if applicable)
- In good health as proven by Medical Certificate
- Have basic knowledge of the field you’re applying
- Have good interest to learning about language, art and culture
- Not registered as Darmasiswa’s Alumni
- Not currently studying in Indonesia
- Not currently working in Indonesia
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Medical certificate
- Passport valid at least 24 months from the time of applying
- Recommendation Letter from Education Institution / Professional Institution on official letterhead and signature (in English)
- Last academic transcript and certificates (in English)
- Language certificate (if applicable)
- Other certificates that related to the field you’re applying (if applicable)
- Photo passport colour
- Writing essay about purpose of study (in English or Bahasa Indonesia maximum 500 words)
- The video shows full of body and has a maximum duration of 2 minutes to tell about the motivation to join the program and what will be done after the program, as an ambassador of Indonesian culture. (in English or Indonesian)
See the regulation : Click here
See the university list : Click here
More info HERE