Deadline: 31 Jan. 2019
Eligibility: candidates with an college degree and enrolled in a full-time graduate study program
Benefits: an hourly remuneration
The Internship Program of the World Bank offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank Group in international development. The internship allows individuals will have the chance to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience into the Bank’s work and improve their skills while working in a diverse environment. It is an opportunity to learn while gaining practical experience. Interns generally find the experience to be interesting and rewarding. Also, it is an approach to improve their CVs with handy work understanding.
Mostly common the needed candidates are for the:
Operations (Front Line) in the following fields: finance, economics, environment, human development (education, public health, nutrition and population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, engineering, urban planning, natural resources management, private sector development, and other related fields; or Corporate support (Information Technology, Communications, Accounting, Human Resources Management, Treasury, and other corporate services).
Most positions are in Washington DC, few others are in Country Offices of the World Bank.
This is business driven and fluctuates.
Most part of the internship openings are for at least a month.
- No age limit;
- Knowledge of languages such as: Russian, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Arabic, and Chinese is desirable.
- English proficiency is a must;
- Main aim is to recruit and attract the best talent in the globe.
- Candidates must have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s or Ph.D.’s degrees with plans to return to school full-time);
- Other skills such as computing skills are advantageous.
The Bank value diversity in the workplace and encourage all qualified individuals, particularly women, with diverse academic and professional backgrounds to apply.
More information HERE