Deadline: 20 August 2016
Venue: New York, USA
Location: Programme Division, UNICEF NYHQ
Work Type: Consultancy
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of M&E Specialist in New York, United States.
The M&E Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that the indicators and measures incorporated in the results framework of the Global Programme are tracked at the country level, collated and reported at the global level.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities:
The M&E Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Finalize the GP’s M&E Guidance document in consultation with the Global Programme Support Unit (GPSU), specifying a cohesive set of instructions on country and global level results, indicators, and specific measures that draw from across all the accumulated documents relevant from the GP M&E, including the results framework, data collection tools, templates, knowledge management tools etc.
- Define measurable results for the Child Marriage Game Plan document that lays a conceptual roadmap of the programme and expected results, and ensure its alignment with the Global Programme results framework.
- Provide Technical Assistance on M&E to country offices through webinars, teleconference and missions, with a focus on strengthening the collection, collation, tracking and reporting of robust data on indicators in the GP results framework.
- Compile Country and Global data and results periodically, aligned to the GP’s Results Framework and responsive to Planning, Donor reporting and Senior Management review.
- Collaborate with the Data and Analysis (D&A) team in UNICEF, to support the alignment of the GP results framework and M&E indicators with higher-level outcome and impact indicators on child marriage, and on furthering research, trend analysis etc. that can be used for better programming in countries.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Public Health, Economics or similar degree.
- Minimum 8 years progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international level in developing, implementing and managing monitoring and evaluation portfolios.
- Demonstrated experience in designing conceptual and results frameworks, M&E tools and strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in being able to define theories of change and guide programme implementation staff on the causal chain between inputs, intermediate, and ultimate results.
- Experience with using data collection and analysis software.
- Experience with data and measures on gender and child marriage highly desirable.
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organizations, preferably in a country office, an asset.
- Strong and demonstrated writing/drafting skills essential.
- Effective communications skills in translating results, indicators, and measurement language into actionable steps for programme staff.
More info HERE