Deadline: 4 May 2018 (for international applicants); 8 June 2018 (Local Applicants)
Eligibile: undergraduate & graduate students, young activists, and professionals, young entrepreneurs, representatives of NGOs, academics, and journalists
Venue: 22-23 June 2018 at MEF University, Istanbul, Turkey
Youth unemployment is one of the major problems that the youth face in the Middle East & North Africa. MENA is the youngest region in the world, with more than 60% of its population being under 29, but it also experiences the highest youth unemployment rate in the world, with 27%. In this context, the Co-Opinion Network focuses on the question: With the situation already looking grim, and with increasing automation and new forms of production on the doorstep, how can the youth of the region adapt to and prepare itself for the future?
In the 3rd Annual Youth Summit, young leaders, young academics, and young professionals will have the opportunity to discuss this issue with prominent policymakers and distinguished intellectuals. The participants will particularly focus on entrepreneurship & innovation, education, and inclusiveness with respect to reskilling the youth.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Undergraduate & graduate students, young activists, and professionals, young entrepreneurs, representatives of NGOs, academics, and journalists are eligible for applying to be a participant in the summit.
- The call is open to participants from all over the world. The participants who attend all sessions will be qualified for certification.
- The panel & keynote speeches on 22nd of June will be public, given the availability of seats. However, there is an application procedure for workshop sessions.
- No participation fee will be charged for the participants;
- The costs of accommodation will be covered by the Co-Opinion Network only for the workshop participants from abroad and only for two nights, 21st-22nd of June. The participants will accommodate in double rooms at a residence hotel. The network reserves the right to revoke this coverage in case the participant does not attend all sessions;
- The on-ground transportation for the workshop participants (except for the arrival to the hotel on the first day and departure from the hotel on the last day of event) will be covered;
- The costs of lunches on 22nd and 23rd of June will be covered for the workshop participants;
- An Opening Cocktail will be held on 22nd of June, exclusive for the workshop participants, representatives of Stakeholder Institutions of the Co-Opinion Network, and the Advisory Board Members. The cost of the cocktail will be covered by the Co-Opinion Network.
- Please kindly note that transportation to/from Istanbul will be self-financed. The network undertakes to assist prospective participants who require visas to enter Turkey in obtaining the appropriate authorizations by submitting a letter of invitation;
- However, this task is the responsibility of the applicant. The visa-related fees are not covered