Deadline: November 3, 2017
Eligibility: nationals of ASEAN countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
Dates and Venue: December 02 – 07, 2017, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The CIMB Young ASEAN Leaders Programme (CYAL) – Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) or CYAL – UKM 2017 aligns the commitment of both CIMB and UKM in moulding and empowering ASEAN’s leaders of tomorrow.
The aim of the proposed programme is to support the exchange of learning and cross-cultural experiences among ASEAN youth leaders. Activities designed for this programme are projected to uplift the quality of life of ASEAN citizens whilst promoting sustainable development to build a strong foundation of greater understanding, good neighbourliness and a shared sense of responsibility.
The CYAL-UKM 2017 is modelled after the success of UKM’s ASEAN Youth Volunteer Programme (AYVP), and builds on the outcomes of the CIMB Young Leaders ASEAN Summit (CYLAS). The third installation is a sound response to the success of the first CYAL-UKM 2015 with the theme Protecting ASEAN Heritage held in Kuala Lumpur and the second CYAL-UKM 2016 with the theme Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), which also held in Kuala Lumpur.
This year’s CYAL-UKM 2017 will be focusing on the thematic area of Sharing Economy Beyond Boundaries (SEB2) where the programme will include a mix of lectures, workshops and forums on ASEAN identity, leadership and Sharing Economy Beyond Boundaries (SEB2) as well as hands-on activities to complete the experience pertinent to the development of future Young ASEAN Leaders
- Open to nationals of ASEAN countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam;
- Undergraduate student between the ages of 18 to 30 with a minimum CGPA/CQPI of 3.0 or equivalent, enrolled in an ASEAN university;
- Able to fluently communicate in the English language, written and spoken;
- Priority will given to those who have experience in Sharing Economy Beyond Boundaries (SEB²) or any other volunteering activities.
The following will be funded:
- Round-trip fare;
- Materials and transportation on site;
- Accommodation and food during the programme.
*You will only need to ensure that your passport has a validity of 6 months and above, visa (please refer to the Indonesia Immigration website for visa requirement), proceed to the airport of departure in your home country and pay for the necessary airport tax. Please also prepare pocket money for the duration of your stay.
More info and apply HERE