Deadline: rolling basis
Venue: Southeast Michigan
About the company
If you like to communicate and you want to learn from one of the leading companies in the globe this internship is for you. Do not lose time and apply.
General Motors /GM/ strives to achieves global future with Zero Congestion, Zero Crashes and Zero Emissions. If you are passionate about helping us create better, safer, and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility you should apply. We are aiming to transform how we move today and in the future.
General Motors has a long history for more than 100 years. Today, we are working on transportation revolution. The company has the ambition, the technology, the talent to realize the better, safer, and more sustainable world we want for the humankind.
Some statistics about the Company:
Headquarter is situated in Detroit, Michigan. GM is:
– Working in 6 continents;
– Over 180,000 employees;
– Our employees speak more than 70 languages;
– Across 23 time zones.
We are aiming to an all-electric future.
GM Global Communications team:
The team works for ways to build relationships, better engaging customers, and tell the stories from across the entire organization that reflect our industry leadership.
Focus Areas of the Internship:
– Corporate: media relations, employee communications, story pitching, issues management, collaborating with senior leaders, internal events management, broadcast.
– Product/Brand: Story pitching, media relations, product knowledge, teamwork and collaboration with other functions (Engineering, Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing), along with executive communications.
– Manufacturing: Negotiating with union partners, employee communications, crisis management, community relations, media relations, product knowledge, public government/ policy relations, business leadership team dynamics.
– 40 hours per week during the summer months- Able to work full-time job
– 2021 or 2022- Desirable graduation date
– Demonstrates leadership in field of study, service organizations or extra-curricular activities
– Currently pursuing a degree in Communications or related field
– Should have a minimum of a 3.0 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale
– Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills;
– High level of ability to deal with ambiguity, integrity, self-directed/ takes initiative;
– Evidence of strong character with honesty, integrity, trust and accountability;
– Good communication skills;
– Prior internship experience;
– Innovative thinking that is customer oriented;
Note: This opportunity is only for applicants who are not seeking sponsorship to work in the United States of America now or in the future.
More information is available HERE