Deadline: 20 January 2017
Eligibility: students of engineering or science at an EU / COSME university
Costs: grant (1,900,000 YEN/15,664 EUR) to cover the cost of travel to and from Japan and living expenses in Japan
Vulcanus in Japan started in 1997. The programme consists of industrial placements for EU / COSME students. It starts in September and ends in August of the following year in order to accommodate the academic year in EU Member States.
The students follow:
- One-week seminar on Japan;
- Four-month intensive Japanese language course;
- Eight-month traineeship in a Japanese company.
- To study the range of advanced technologies employed by a leading Japanese host company;
- To learn Japanese and to understand and appreciate Japanese culture with a view to an enriching one year experience abroad;
- To be well placed in your future career to interact with Japanese businesses and people.
- Citizen of an EU Member-State or a COSME partening country;
- A student of engineering or science at an EU / COSME university , enrolled in at least the fourth year of studies, when applying to the Vulcanus programme;
- Able to provide a certificate of enrollment at the university valid until at least 3 months prior to the starting of the programme.
Applicants are selected on the basis of their academic record and the opinion of their tutors, their knowledge of written and spoken English, their motivation, their attitude to EU-Japan relations and their ability to adapt to a different culture.
This programme is financed by the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation and the Japanese host company. The EU / COSME students are awarded a grant (1,900,000 YEN/15,664 EUR) to cover the cost of travel to and from Japan and living expenses in Japan. There is no charge for the language course and seminar, and accommodation is provided free of charge during the course and seminar and the company traineeship.
More information HERE