Open to: applicants from the low-income countries who hold a Master’s degree and have a professional working experience of at least 2 years
Benefits: living allowance for the duration of the programme, coverage of visa and travel costs, and other benefits
The E4D Programme is generously funded through the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation. The current programme phase runs from 2019 to 2023.
The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Programme awards scholarships for travel and living expenses to candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programmes at ETH Zurich.
The goal of the programme is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity development and poverty reduction in their home countries.
Apply till 30th April 2022.
MAIN ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
– The candidate must hold a completed and recognised Master’s degree from a university and proof of professional working experience of at least 2 years.
– A minimum English standard of TOEFL level C1 is required. If the continuing education programme requires a minimum level in another language, proof of this level also needs to be submitted.
– The scholarship is open to candidates from all countries classified in the OECD DAC List 2022, except from upper-middle income countries.
– Candidates need to be accepted by the School for Continuing Education, ETH Zurich as well as the MAS, DAS or CAS programme office.
– CV of the candidate
– MSc or Masters Diploma and academic transcript(s)
– 1-2 page application letter, stating the motivation to attend the programme and the impact for the candidate’s career development and beyond
– Two professional references
– Formal admission letter by the School for Continuing Education confirming that the candidate is admitted to the MAS, DAS or CAS programme for the respective semester.
– Certificate of employment. The certificate of employment letter must be sent to the E4D programme office directly through the employer (and not the candidate).
– Certificate of English level (minimum TOEFL level C1) or other internationally recognised English certificates. If the programme requires a minimum level in another language, proof of this acquired level must also be submitted.
Applications must be submitted through the online portal below. Submissions by e-mail will not be considered.
More information HERE